M_o_R®– Risk Management
M_o_R is a route map for risk management. It can help organizations identify, assess and control risks and put in place effective frameworks for making informed decisions.
M_o_R®- Risk Management
M_o_R is part of the Global Best Practice portfolio owned by AXELOS Ltd.
M_o_R considers risk from different perspectives within an organization: strategic, programme, project and operational. While it links to other AXELOS Global Best Practices like ITIL®, MSP®, PRINCE2® etc.., it respects the roles, responsibilities and terminologies used outside the disciplines of programme and project management.
M_o_R is intended to help organisations to put in place effective frameworks for taking informed decisions about risk. The guidance provides a route map for risk management, bringing together recommended approaches, checklists and pointers to more detailed sources of advice on tools and techniques.
M_o_R covers a wide range of topics, including business continuity management, security, programme/project risk management and operational service management. These topics are placed in the context of an organisational framework for the management of risk.
M_o_R (Management of Risk) Qualifications
There are two M_o_R qualification levels: M_o_R Foundation and M_o_R Practitioner.
M_o_R Foundation Qualification
M_o_R Foundation level is suitable for any organisation or individual seeing the need for guidance on a controlled approach to identifying, analyzing and managing risk at strategic, programme, project and operational perspectives.
The purpose of the foundation certification is to confirm that a candidate is able to demonstrate a knowledge and comprehension of the four elements of the M_o_R framework - Principles, Approach, Processes, Embedding and reviewing - and how they support corporate governance. The Foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
- Multiple choice
- 75 questions per paper
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) - 50%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book
M_o_R Practitioner Qualification
M_o_R Practitioner is the highest M_o_R level qualification and is aimed at anyone working within a corporate governance environment that has responsibilities for identifying, assessing, planning, or managing risks, or reporting on risk management activities across the organisation.
The purpose of the Practitioner level is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor M_o_R in a scenario situation.
- Objective testing
- 4 questions per paper, 20 marks available per question
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- Three hours duration
- Candidates may make use of the Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners (the Management of Risk 'guide'), published by TSO, together with ABC Guide Part A Example Techniques guidance document. No material other than the Question Booklet, the Scenario Booklet, the Answer Booklet and the two guides is to be used.
M_o_R® Related downloads
M_o_R® White Papers
- M_o_R®: Guidance for Practitioners and the international standard on risk management, ISO 31000:2009
- Everything you wanted to know about M_o_R® in less than 1000 words
- Applying M_o_R® for Public Services
- Refreshing Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners
- Corporate Governance and Management of Risk
M_o_R® Case Studies
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
To inquire online about our award-winning training, please complete the form and SAS Management representative will contact you.