Understanding the collaboration between software developers and information technology (IT) professionals while automating the process of software delivery and infrastructure changes.
The DevOps Fundamentals qualification is designed to provide the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary and to understand its principles and practices. With the help of key DevOps concepts and terminology, real life case studies, examples and interactive group discussions and extensive exercises in each module you will acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps.
How Does DevOps Fundamentals Fit into the DASA Competence Framework?
After completing this course, you will cover the area marked as DevOps Fundamentals in the following figure of the DASA qualification scheme. As a result, you will reach the “Competent” level of the scheme.
DASA QUALIFICATION PROGRAM
The DASA competence model offers a maturity model of 5 levels for professionals and teams. The maturity distribution of DevOps competencies may be different per individual, however, each team will need to have sufficient competencies to ensure performance and output.
With the support of the DASA competence model and qualification program we can build and assess DevOps teams and enable organizations to win.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps.
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps.
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery.
- Describe the Service Delivery process.
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation.
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Summarize case studies of IT organizations that are making the transformation to Adaptive IT and DevOps models.
- List the most common and popular DevOps tools.
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps implementation.
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT service management
- Individuals whose role are touched by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as the following IT roles:
- DevOps engineers
- Product owners
- Integration specialists
- Operations managers
- Incident and change managers
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Business managers
- Automation architects
- Enterprise architects
N.B. Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is beneficial
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
To inquire online about our award-winning training, please complete the form and SAS Management representative will contact you.