TOGAF Level 1 & 2 Foundation
Date(s) - Nov 20,2018 - Nov 23,2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
TOGAF is a collection of methods, techniques and best practices in the field of enterprise architecture. It describes how organizations can organize enterprise architecture. The core of TOGAF is the Architecture Development Method (ADM), which provides a step-by-step approach and guidelines for how to execute these steps. In addition, TOGAF provides information on how to actually construct the architecture deliverables and how to set-up the architecture capability in organizations.
TOGAF is developed and managed by The Open Group, a consortium of more than 400 organizations, focused on IT standards. These member organizations span all sectors of the IT community — customers, systems and solutions suppliers, tool vendors, integrators and consultants, as well as academics and researchers. The Open Group is also responsible for the ArchiMate standard, which is an enterprise architecture modeling standard and highly related to TOGAF.
In this course, you will gain the knowledge needed to prepare for and achieve both TOGAF 9.1 Level 1 certification, known as TOGAF 9.1 Foundation, and TOGAF Level 2 certification, known as TOGAF 9.1 Certified. You will learn the technology, structure, and concepts of TOGAF 9.1. In addition to gaining the knowledge and comprehension of TOGAF 9.1, you will learn to analyze and apply this knowledge.
Duration 3 – Day Program
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
• Architecture Development Method (ADM) phases in the development of an enterprise architecture
• Architecture Governance in development of an enterprise architecture
• TOGAF Architecture Content Framework
• The business rationale behind Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF®.
• The overall structure and contents of the TOGAF® 9 document and the key subject matter content.
• The Architecture Development Method (ADM) cycle and all the phases that make up the cycle, including for each phase.
• The techniques defined for use in Architecture development.
• The Architecture Content Framework and the purpose of each of the elements.
• The guidelines for adapting the ADM process.
• The Enterprise Continuum and Tools.
• The concepts, taxonomy and graphical representations of the TOGAF® reference models and their application.
• TOGAF Technical Reference Model and how to customize it to meet an organization’s needs
• Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
• Key deliverables of the ADM cycle
• Partition an enterprise architecture to meet the specific needs of an organization
• Architecture Repository
• Apply iteration and different levels of architecture with the ADM
• Adapt the ADM for security
• SOA as a style of architecture
• Architecture maturity models in developing an enterprise architecture
• Architecture Skills Framework and how to apply it within an organization
• The Architecture Capability Framework.
• The make-up of an Architecture skills framework and why it is needed.
• Individuals who require a basic understanding of TOGAF
• Consultants & Professionals who are in Process Governance, Process Excellence, Business Excellence, IT Strategy Consulting, IT Solutions, Corporate Quality, Risk Management, IT Governance, ISO Standards, Lean Six Sigma etc.
• Professionals who are working in roles associated with an architecture project such as those responsible for planning, execution, development, delivery, and operation
• Architects who are looking for a first introduction to TOGAF
• Professionals who wish to be certified as Level 1 & 2 TOGAF Foundation
Bookings are closed for this event.