COBIT® 5- IT Governance
COBIT 5® provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. This helps enterprises create optimal value for IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use.
What is COBIT® 5?
Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT 5) is a globally accepted framework for the governance and management of IT. It aligns business goals to IT processes and goals, providing tools, resources and guidance to achieve, identify and associate responsibilities of business and IT processes.
COBIT 5 stimulates innovation in IT, bridging the gap between control requirements, technical issues and business risks.
Who is it for?
COBIT 5 is aimed at organizations of all sizes and all sectors. It is ideal for professionals involved in assurance, security, risk, privacy/compliance and business leaders and stakeholders involved in or affected by governance and management of information and IT systems, such as:
- IT Managers
- IT Quality Professionals
- IT Auditors
- IT Consultants
- IT Developers
- IT Operational Management
- IT Business Leadership Management
- Managers in IT Service providing firms
- Gain knowledge, experience and skills to adapt and apply COBIT 5 metrics and maturity models to an organization of any size and sector.
- Understand relationships between business IT systems and associated cybersecurity risk.
- Help set priorities and business requirements in accordance to security and risk levels.
- Assist in making informed decisions and taking appropriate actions to reduce security risk.
- Implement tools, resources and guidelines to improve prevention, detection and recovery of cybersecurity.
- Provide a clear overview of internal IT roles and responsibilities in cybersecurity, giving an organization a competitive advantage.
- Help optimize the cost of IT services and technology, through the integration of an improved and enhanced operational IT system.
- Assist in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies.
- Provide clearer vision and understanding of cybersecurity risks, allowing improvement and scope to be implemented.
- Contribute in increased user satisfaction, through an improved integration of information security measures and outcomes.
- Enable a faster route to achieving strategic business goals and benefits, through the effective and innovative use IT.
COBIT® 5 Certifications
COBIT 5 is the latest edition of ISACA’s globally accepted framework and consists of five certification levels:
COBIT 5 Foundation
Obtaining the Foundation level demonstrates basic knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5 guidance, principles and models. Candidates will be able to:
- Gain a holistic understanding of the governance and management of an organization’s internal information systems and technology.
- Provide top management with an overview of current IT enterprise findings, identifying key problem areas of improvement.
- Recommend improvements, by implementation aspects of COBIT 5.
COBIT 5 Implementation
Practical understanding on how to implement, apply and integrate COBIT 5 within an organization, reducing business risk and improving business performance. Candidates will be able to:
- Effectively analyze business IT operations.
- Source the root of problem areas and implement change through scope and plan.
- Assess and resolve current process capabilities.
- Implement the latest good practices, in order to avoid future risk and process capability delay.
COBIT 5 Assessor
The Assessors level provides methods, guides and models, supported by several case studies that will provide knowledge on how to implement and process assessment. Learn how to analyze results to provide a clear outcome of process capabilities. Direct process improvements in accordance to current business goals and benchmarks, whilst measuring achievements. Candidates will be able to:
- Approach, plan and implement improvements using good practices.
- Implement one framework to support all IT management capabilities.
- Use COBIT 5 metrics and scorecards to create a performance measurement framework for an organization.
- Perform and process capability assessment using COBIT 5 guides, models and methods.
- Brief team members with clear plans and structure.
- Identify roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
To inquire online about our award-winning training, please complete the form and SAS Management representative will contact you.